Exploratory proposals can only be provided from inside BPA. This is not an opportunity for outside entities to be paid for developing project proposals. Contractor resources may not be used to end-run this principle. The purpose of the exploratory proposal is not to make preliminary contact with external contractors. Rather, the intent is to conduct internal research, with the deliverable being a proposal for the fiscal year 2016 Technology Innovation Funding Opportunity Announcement.
Exploratory proposals should:
· Take less than 4 months to complete
· Be completed prior to February 1, 2017
· Require less than 0.1 FTE
· Require less than $30,000 for expenses associated with travel, research, materials, and other incidentals. There will be no contracting associated with these proposals.
· Focus on a literature search, laboratory experiments, purchasing reports to substantiate objective (e.g. JDPower reports, etc.)